Fort Lee Cooperative Apartments
MOVE IN PROCEDURES
1. A move is considered to be the movement of a significant amount of personal belongings whether or not in boxes or a few large items into or out of the building by using either the staircase or elevator. These items include household furniture and major kitchen appliances.
2. Submit a Move-in/Move-out or Delivery/ Removal application to the Business Office at 3091 Edwin Avenue no later than seven days prior to the date upon which you seek to move. Moves will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis. The form can be obtained at the Business Office.
3. The occupant (owner or subtenant) is required to submit the form along with a Certified Check or Official Bank Check deposit of $500, payable to 1170 Apartment Corp. and delivered by mail or hand to the Business Office during business hours no later than seven days prior to the move date desired. This includes all first floor apartments.
4. A Linwood Park employee, both before and after the move, will inspect the elevator, staircase, and surrounding areas to determine whether damage had occurred.
5. On the day and time of the scheduled move a Linwood Park employee will install elevator padding for the protection of the upgraded elevator and the convenience of the mover, and then remove the padding at the end of the move.
6. Persons moving in or out or have any deliveries or removals who do not comply will be fined $500.00 per occurrence (with the amount charged to the shareholder’s maintenance bill) irrespective of whether damage had occurred. In the event it is necessary to institute legal action, legal fees and costs will be assessed against the Shareholder and/or Sub lessees.
7. Residents are encouraged to notify the Business Office immediately at 201-944- 2038 or 201-944- 7135 if unauthorized moving is occurring in their building. This is recognizable by persons moving a significant amount of personal belongings into or out of the building without padding installed in the elevator.
This procedure was approved by the Board of Directors of Linwood Park because it aims to protect the interests of the Shareholders by collecting reimbursement from those persons who cause damage to our property.